Civic Youth Leadership Academy – Applications now Open.
Learn all about it here.
Applications for Civic Youth Now open!
The City of Los Angeles Department of Neighborhood Empowerment (EmpowerLA) is happy to announce the third year of the Civic Youth Leadership Academy! Civic Youth is a program designed to educate, engage, and empower young people to take an active role in their communities and speak up on issues that matter to them. These civic leaders will be prepared to actively participate in their Neighborhood Councils and across the greater Los Angeles community with other like-minded young people from across the City. After gaining knowledge of local government and skills in effective outreach and community organizing, Civic Youth graduates will be prepared to run for board seats in the upcoming 2019 Neighborhood Council Elections!
6 summer sessions will be held Monday mornings at DTLA City Hall from 9:30am – 12:00 pm on:
- June 18th & 25th,
- July 16th, 23rd & 30th,
- and a culmination ceremony on August 6th.
Hot Topics & News
- Pancake Breakfast
- Public Hearing for Proposed Project
- TREE REMOVAL NOTIFICATION
- We’re Here For You
- Planning News
- Free Workshops
- Notice of Intent to Adopt A Mitigated Negative Declaration – Cal State Univ. Northridge
- Application for Police Permit for 19563 Parthenia Street
- Learn About LimeBike
- Mayor’s Weekly Update
- Commercial Cannabis Signage Ordinance Information
- Construction Has Begun on the Oakridge Estate Park
The Friends of Oakridge is excited to announce that the City of Los Angeles has begun construction on The Oakridge Estate Park. READ MORE
- Los Angeles County Superior Court is seeking qualified citizens to apply for the Los Angeles County Civil Grand Jury.
- METRO Relocation Info
- Re-imagining Reseda Blvd – Help Make the Matador Mile!
- LA Needs to Borrow $50 to 70 Million to Pay Out Lawsuits, Committee Concludes
- Possible New Gas Leak Reported at Porter Ranch Near Plugged Well
- LAFD Launches New SOBER Unit Pilot Program