The Northridge South Neighborhood Council (NSNC) was certified by the City of Los Angeles’ Board of Neighborhood Commissioners (BONC) on Tuesday, May 4, 2010. It was formed to represent a portion of the San Fernando Valley not previously covered. The vote was unanimous. The Interim Board served for just under 90 days to setup the Town Hall Meeting for the election of the initial permanent Board of Directors. That Town Hall election was held on Thursday, July 29, 2010 and approximately 150 people turned out and 122 stakeholders voted!
This is part of the City of Los Angeles’ citywide system of neighborhood councils. The purpose is to promote more public participation in government, making government more responsive to neighborhood needs. We always need volunteers…people in the community to help make a difference!
Why Neighborhood Councils? A good resource is the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment website; their “About Us” page has good background on the neighborhood councils and why they were formed.
Home-Sharing Ordinance Info
Hot Topics & News
- Land Use Town Hall Meeting
- MetroLink Training Exercise
- Governor’s Office of Emergency Services is soliciting proposals for the Cal State NonProfit Security Grant Program
Link to Details: California State Nonprofit Security Grant Program
- Community Event
- Community Items
- School Police Explorer Program
- TREE REMOVAL NOTIFICATION
- We’re Here For You
- Application for Police Permit for 19563 Parthenia Street
- Learn About LimeBike
- Commercial Cannabis Signage Ordinance Information
- Construction Has Begun on the Oakridge Estate Park
The Friends of Oakridge is excited to announce that the City of Los Angeles has begun construction on The Oakridge Estate Park. READ MORE
- Los Angeles County Superior Court is seeking qualified citizens to apply for the Los Angeles County Civil Grand Jury.
- METRO Relocation Info
- Re-imagining Reseda Blvd – Help Make the Matador Mile!
- LA Needs to Borrow $50 to 70 Million to Pay Out Lawsuits, Committee Concludes
- Possible New Gas Leak Reported at Porter Ranch Near Plugged Well
- LAFD Launches New SOBER Unit Pilot Program