Environmental – Sustainability Committee
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES TO THIS COMMITTEE PAGE
As of 8/26/10, this committee will continue to be co-chaired by Scott Sterling and Nancie Pike.
The Northridge South Neighborhood Council Environmental – Sustainability Committee is committed to being your resource for sustainable living. We can show you where to find the products and services you need to save money and energy, while making your home or workplace more safe and comfortable. Our committee takes a “whole house” approach to Green Building, integrating Construction with Interior Design and Drought Tolerant Landscaping.
NSNC Food Sharing Program – Click here for flyer (added 8/10/11) (needs new link)
Don’t forget the DPW watering rules! Click here for the DWP Fact Sheet
GREEN RESOURCES & REBATES LINKS:
Energy Upgrade California – Los Angeles County – (added 8/2/11)
Food Forward – fruitanthropy: the picking, donating, or distributing of fruit for humanitarian purposes
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power Rebates & Programs
Energy Star Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency
Gen Green Life – Find the Green In Everything…Locally
Tree People – Environmental Nonprofit that Unites the Power of Trees, People & Technology
Thoedore Payne Foundation – Wildflowers & Native Plants
COMMITTEE MEMBER LINKS:
Nancie Pike, Sustainable Interior Designer
If you are a Green product or service provider and would like to join our committee, please fill out the contact form below. Thank you!
Home-Sharing Ordinance Info
Hot Topics & News
- Community Items
- School Police Explorer Program
- TREE REMOVAL NOTIFICATION
- We’re Here For You
- Planning News
- Application for Police Permit for 19563 Parthenia Street
- Learn About LimeBike
- Commercial Cannabis Signage Ordinance Information
- Construction Has Begun on the Oakridge Estate Park
The Friends of Oakridge is excited to announce that the City of Los Angeles has begun construction on The Oakridge Estate Park. READ MORE
- Los Angeles County Superior Court is seeking qualified citizens to apply for the Los Angeles County Civil Grand Jury.
- METRO Relocation Info
- Re-imagining Reseda Blvd – Help Make the Matador Mile!
- LA Needs to Borrow $50 to 70 Million to Pay Out Lawsuits, Committee Concludes
- Possible New Gas Leak Reported at Porter Ranch Near Plugged Well
- LAFD Launches New SOBER Unit Pilot Program