Outreach & Communications Committee
Outreach is always ongoing. This website is a key part of our outreach and communication strategy. But more is always being considered. If you have ideas for outreach, please let us know – click here.
Why do we do Outreach?
To provide stakeholders the necessary information regarding the opportunity to participate in their local Neighborhood Council, Northridge South.
– To meet the needs and priorities of external community groups.
– To raise self-esteem and confidence, and stimulate creativity amongst participants.
– To raise community expectations and educational attainment.
– To teach new skills which can be sustained beyond the life of the outreach.
– To build community cohesion and reduce social exclusion.
– To work towards an enhanced sense of place and identity, increasing the value that communities place on their local environment and the sense of pride and ownership in the place where they live.
– To enrich your organization by challenging you to look at what you do, why and who for when faced with groups with different priorities and perspectives to your traditional audience.
– To enable people to understand the historic environment in a sustained and sustainable way to ensure its long-term future.
More is being done with outreach every day. We are getting the word out attending various functions in and around our area. One large component of our applications package clearly needs specific information about our outreach.
Please contact me, Chris Sales, if you have questions about our outreach, please send me any information you can about your outreach activities, what activities you have been to and how much time you have spent on them. I can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is very important that we have a full accounting our our outreach activities.
Hot Topics & News
- Local Event
- Catch us at the NextGen Bus Plan Workshop in Chatsworth
- Sidewalk Repair Program Comment Period extended to April 24th
- School Police Explorer Program
- TREE REMOVAL NOTIFICATION
- We’re Here For You
- Application for Police Permit for 19563 Parthenia Street
- Learn About LimeBike
- Commercial Cannabis Signage Ordinance Information
- Construction Has Begun on the Oakridge Estate Park
The Friends of Oakridge is excited to announce that the City of Los Angeles has begun construction on The Oakridge Estate Park. READ MORE
- METRO Relocation Info
- Re-imagining Reseda Blvd – Help Make the Matador Mile!
- LA Needs to Borrow $50 to 70 Million to Pay Out Lawsuits, Committee Concludes
- Possible New Gas Leak Reported at Porter Ranch Near Plugged Well
- LAFD Launches New SOBER Unit Pilot Program
Home-Sharing Ordinance Info