Public Safety Committee
Co-Chairs: Jose Portillo and Dagmar Abarghoei
HANDLING EMERGENCIES –
1. Gas Leaks:
How to recognize and respond to a gas leak (added 8/2/11)
Practicing safety means knowing what to do and taking action to protect yourself. Get the latest information about the signs of a natural gas leak here.
Keep in mind that natural gas can be ignited from an open flame, such as a lit cigarette, or anything that can cause a spark, even static electricity.
Don’t turn a light switch on or off and don’t operate any electronic device, power tool or vehicle, or other equipment that can cause a spark. Be aware that gas blowing from a plastic pipe may create static electricity that can ignite the gas.
If you suspect a gas leak, immediately evacuate the area, and from a safe location, call SoCalGas at 1-800-427-2200 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or call 911.
Find out more by clicking here.
2. AlertLA – NIXLE:
If you have a VOIP phone system (phone over internet, such as Vonage), or would like to be notified on your cell phone, or by email, of an emergency situation around your house, please sign up for this service. The link below explains in detail how do it, why, and which phones or email accounts should be registered.
Your landline phone number will work, however, do you have a cell, voice over Internet phone or an email address? Register them with the Alert LA County. The Los Angeles Police Department Topanga Area would like for you to sign in the event of a emergency or critical police situation.
NIXLE Flyer – Click here
LA City Fire Information
Division 3 (San Fernando Valley): http://lafd.org/div3.htm
Battalion 15 (Northwest San Fernando Valley): http://lafd.org/batt15.htm
Devonshire & West Valley* Divisions:
- Here’s an RD (reporting district) map – Devonshire – West Valley
- Here’s the “basic car” map – Devonshire – West Valley
- Our Neighborhood Council Map with Basic Car Boundaries – PDF
|Non-Emergency – toll-free||877-ASK-LAPD
Devonshire Division LAPD: Desk (818) 832-0633
Captain Kris Pitcher
Basic Car 17A81 (Winnetka to Tampa)- Senior Lead Officer: John Parker (818-634-0579) email@example.com
Basic Car 17A67 (Tampa to White Oak) – Senior Lead Officer: Patti Peteque (818-634-0495) firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Car 17A95 (White Oak to Hayvenhurst) – Senior Lead Officer: Efren Corral (818-634-0480) email@example.com
Basic Car Coordinator: Sgt Larry Bavaro (818) 363-1726
Community Relations Officer-in-Charge: Sgt Jose Torres (818) 756-8270
West Valley (*West Valley Division – for the small area under Roscoe Blvd that we have – bordered by Roscoe on the North, White Oak on the West, Louise on the East and Saticoy on the South):
Basic Car 10SL17 – Senior Lead Officer: David Ham Office (818) 374-7634 Cell (818) 731-2551 firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Car Coordinator: Sgt. Frank Avila (818) 374-7630
Community Relations Officer-in-Charge: Sgt. Frank Avila (818) 374-7630
- PUBLIC HEARINGS Re: 8440 N Balboa & 19519 W. Roscoe
- PUBLIC NOTICE Re: Installation of phone company cabinet at 17630 N. Strathern.
- Construction Has Begun on the Oakridge Estate Park
The Friends of Oakridge is excited to announce that the City of Los Angeles has begun construction on The Oakridge Estate Park. READ MORE
- Mayor’s Weekly Update
- Los Angeles County Superior Court is seeking qualified citizens to apply for the Los Angeles County Civil Grand Jury.
- What is Open Space? Informational meetings being held at various locations.
- METRO Relocation Info
- FREE BULKY ITEM DROP OFF
- Re-imagining Reseda Blvd – Help Make the Matador Mile!
- LA Needs to Borrow $50 to 70 Million to Pay Out Lawsuits, Committee Concludes
- Possible New Gas Leak Reported at Porter Ranch Near Plugged Well
- LAFD Launches New SOBER Unit Pilot Program